Conditions of use
In these Conditions of Sale 'The Company' means Lowes Hall Ltd, the 'Buyer' means the person, firm or company ordering or buying goods from the Company.'The Goods' means the goods the subject matter of the relevant order or contract for sale.
- No contract in respect of the Goods between the Company and the Buyer shall exist until the Buyer's order has been accepted by the Company. In the event that the Buyer's order seeks to make the sale subject to terms different from these conditions, acceptance of the Buyer's order by the Company (whether or not such acceptance is accepted by formal order acknowledgement) shall be deemed to be a fresh offer by the Company on the basis of these conditions. In which event (unless these conditions are accepted by the Buyer prior to delivery) acceptance of delivery of the Goods by the Buyer shall constitute acceptance of the Company's offer and the Contract of Sale shall be formed at that moment. No conditions or terms stipulated in any other communication or document shall vary or annul any of those conditions except insofar as the same are expressly consented to in writing by the Company.
Credit policy and payment information
- If you do not have a credit account open with us, please ask for a credit application form. Accounts usually take 10 days to set up, but this period can be reduced if this is specifically requested. Our credit control will be pleased to assist with any problems related to credit. Our terms are 30 days net from date of invoice, statements are sent out at monthly intervals to enable you to check your current invoices paid and due. Accounts with overdue balances will be placed on credit hold, and no further goods with be supplied until the account is brought up to date. Payment can also be made by credit card, we accept most types of credit cards.
Credit policy and payment information
- The Company and the Buyer expressly agree that until the Company has been paid in full for the goods comprised in this or any other sales contract between them and all outstanding amounts due to the Company from the Buyer or any associated or subsidiary or holding company of the Buyer or from any director or shareholder of the Buyer or any other such company.
- The goods shall remain the property of the Company and the Buyers, as bailees of them for the Company, will store the same for the Company in a proper manner without charge and in such a way that the goods are clearly identified as being the property of the Company, notwithstanding that the risk therein shall pass to the Buyer as provided herein.
- At any time the Company may recover from the Buyer the goods remaining in the Buyer's possession, and for the purpose thereof may enter upon any premises of or occupied by the Buyer or any third party (with the consent of that third party).
- Notwithstanding the preceding condition, all risk in respect of the Goods shall be assumed by the Buyer upon delivery of the same to him.
The Company reserves the right to cancel, vary or suspend the operation of contract of sale if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, floods, storm, plant breakdown, strikes , lockouts, riots, hostilities, non-availability of materials or supplies or any other event outside the control of the Company, and the Company shall not be held liable for any breach of contract resulting from such an event.
The Company may withhold or cancel further or any deliveries under the contract of sale and may recover all losses resulting the refrom if the Buyer:
- fails to make payment on the due date under any contract with the Company or
- enters into a composition with its creditors, or (being a company) has a receiver appointed or passes a resolution for winding up or if a Court shall order it to be wound up, or commits an available act of bankruptcy or
- is in breach of any items and conditions contained herein (notwithstanding that on a former occasion or occasions it has waived its rights).
The exercise of rights under force majeure shall be without prejudice to the Company's other rights of remedies.